The Click-Away Pound Report
The Disability and Equality Agenda e-Bulletin
Test your awareness on disability
1. What was the date that the first significant piece of disability related legislation became law?
2. What is the number of employees an organisation needs to have before the
obligations under the disability aspects of the Equality Act 2010 apply?
3. How many disabled people are there in the
4. Who registers someone as being disabled under the Equality Act 2010?
b. Benefits Agency
5. What percentage of disabled people work?
6. How many visually impaired people use a white cane or stick on a daily basis?
7. What percentage of disabled people have a disability which is not visible?
8. What is the symbol for recognising that someone is deaf and blind
a. A special badge - an eyeball with a red line through it.
b. They never go out by themselves - consequently they don't need one.
c. A white cane with red stripes on it.
9. What percentage of disabled people are wheelchair users?
a. 5% - 7%
b. 8% - 10%
c. 10% - 12%
10. Who is the Chairman of the Equality and Human Rights Commission?
a. Trevor MacDonald
b. Trevor Phillips
c. Ronald MacDonald
11. Under the Equality Act 2010 is it lawful to positively discriminate in favour of a disabled person?
12. Which of the following conditions are not covered by the Equality Act 2010?
Back to top
| ©2005-2017 Freeney Williams Limited |